Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Timeless Read - Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

I read this book after watching the movie and it still was a great read. It is one of those books that I am sure I will reread several times in my life. It just really struck a chord the first time I read it and watched the movie. I always felt that, to a certain extent, that my friends and by extension, my generation are a restless, journeying generation. Palahniuk refers to us as "the middle children of history" which summed up my feelings really well. Combine great insights into our generation with a bizarre but captivating plot and you have a book for the ages as far as I am concerned. The spiritual journey that the characters travelled reminded me of On The Road by Jack Kerouac .... but with a lot more fighting and less farm work. Truly a defining book of our generation.

Get it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home