Friday, September 29, 2006

Read It - The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell: An Accidental Soldiers's Account of the War in Iraq

I have never wanted to read a true account of war. I never had the desire to but I felt like I had to at least be able to get a sense of what it must be like for the people that are over there fighting. I liked this book ... as much as I am able to like a book that is about such a horrible subject. The thing that struck me the most is that a lot of the crap they deal with is the same kind of annoying/stupid/stressful stuff everybody deals with at their job. The difference is when somebody screws up in a war it could mean your life, or the life of one of your friends. Layed out as a collection of short stories, this book humanizes not only the troops we have sent to Iraq, but the regular people of Iraq that are caught right in the middle of the conflict.

Get it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home