Thursday, January 11, 2007

WoW reaches country-like status

Stole this little tidbit from Bluesnews.com. World of Warcraft reached 8 million players recently which places it between Azerbaijan and Burundi. All I can say is holy cow what a behomoth. I have to say tho that I have tried to get into it, I spent a couple of months playing religiously everyday and I just couldn't get into it. I guess it's because unless your playing with friends or your in a guild, you just miss out on a lot of the cooler stuff. In City of Heroes, I generally play with pick up teams. They are easy to find and set up and I rarely have trouble starting one or getting into one. By contrast, in WoW I was never once asked to join a group of players I didn't know and as far as I could tell there wasn't an easy way to put it out there that I wanted to join a group. I did have friends that played but they were either way higher level than me or just on at different times. 'Tis a shame. Was fun at times.... just a major time sink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home