Sunday, July 23, 2006

Read It - A Beginner's Guide to Reality: Exploring Our Everyday Adventures in Wonderland by Jim Baggot

A nice primer on the current state of philosophocal theory that also gives a brief guided tour through philosophy and physics going all the way back to Plato using modern day references. It is a mind bending journey that takes you from thousand year old thought experiments to modern day quantum theory. Utimately it left me feeling a bit let down, liberated and rejuvinated all at the same time. You'll have to read the book to see why. It does get a bit technical toward the end. I didn't understand all of it at first so I just kind of read through it without worrying about understanding every concept which turned out to be a good thing. It wasn't until after I had finished the book and let it digest that those concepts that I didn't totally get while reading it came clear. Strange how that works sometimes.

Get it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home